Friday, December 30, 2011

Another Look at the Pink Bow

I was recently told, by an internationally famous photographer, that this shoot was our best work.
I nearly inhaled the entire glass of Pepsi, glass, ice and straw in one gulp.  This was a HUGE thing to be told.  I never knew Manny Librodo, Jr. looked at my work, let alone my blog and that he knew enough about Pretty Muse to mention WHICH SHOOT WAS THE BEST WORK.....



Well, that was a key moment in 2011 for me and my husband.  Thank you Sir Manny Librodo, you remain and continue to remain a vital source of inspiration for me (even though my work looks nothing like yours).  lol.

So here, is the video for that shoot.  And, Sami, you blew me away --- you embody model in every regard there was so much magic in the air that day I had to part the air so I could walk through it.  Amazing work, amazing people, amazing day and an amazing memory.

Please use this link to the video:

http://animoto.com/play/1utKJ2tE1vw0kW00WO5klg

A word on Manuel Librodo, Jr.  Several of us were lucky enough to sit down with him in Orlando, this past October and conduct an interview. This interview is being transcribed for an upcoming blog post. That afternoon was a very special day for me and I'm deeply grateful for the amazing interview he granted us.  It marked another one of those days that I call the 'Before' and this is (obviously) the 'after'.  One of those things that changes everything and nothing is every the same and you may or may not have known while you were in the midst of it. Hence, the profound proclamation of the 'Before'.  Sheesh, it's too early in the morning for this, I smell an edit coming.

P.S.  Yes, I hand make those tiny bows with tweezers and sell them with a pair of eye lashes, for those who asked. ;)

1 comment:

  1. For some reason this video, one of my favorite got very few views. I think it just got lost in the shuffle of all the other mind blowing work I've posted. Right? Right. Thought so. ;>

    ReplyDelete