Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Re-Post Karissa Models - Part 1


Mysteriously this post just poofed, I'm sure it was the jealous model gods that stole it.  Disappeared. Gone. Not a trace. But, I believe it said something like this.

Once upon a time there was a little girl who dreamed she would grow up to be a model.  She wished and wished.  Dreamed and dreamed.  And sure to form, you become what you think. And she did. Karissa Ferguson is indeed a model.




Video Link ---> http://animoto.com/play/NOyLYpxCBwTHFOUMORzQ9g


































You can rawr all you like, this picture is amazing.  There isn't a girl I know who wouldn't love to have such a picture of themselves.




For this shoot we used key words; sultry, uber feminine, big BIG hair, cat eyes.  We had elements of vixens like Brigette Bardot, Anna Nicole Smith and Adele whose on this month's Vogue cover and an 80's overall look.

I'm proud to say I made that pink little swing jacket with the big button on it.  And, just to rub it in, I didn't have a pattern. Yeah.  It was my miracle piece.  Lord knows how many items I've carefully constructed following every pattern notation and end up with a disaster.  I have a virtual bone yard of abandoned pieces.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Etsy has a section for people's failed attempts? You never know, one man's garbage is another man's....pantaloons?  Anyways, I end up making many pieces for our shoots because 'shooting clothes' are different beasts.  And, clever woman that I am (while I'm bragging on myself I might as well go on) I make most pieces so they can fit any girl from a size 4 to an 18.  How's that for creative?

Ok, to be continued in Part 2

Video Link --->  http://animoto.com/play/NOyLYpxCBwTHFOUMORzQ9g






2 comments:

  1. Testing comments. Would somebody please try the comment box - kick it or something.
    Thanks!
    Lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a great job! And we nailed the look! Go us!

    ReplyDelete